[Arm-netbook] What's new at the end of 2023?

Pablo Rath pablo at parobalth.org
Thu Nov 9 20:29:46 GMT 2023

Am Thu, Nov 09, 2023 at 02:55:33AM +0000 schrieb Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton:
> On Thursday, November 9, 2023, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 3:12 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> > <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
> >> if someone, even one person, gets them a test image, 100 people
> >> can get their cards.
> >
> > Have we distilled the requirements for a test image down into a
> > document anywhere?
>
> booting to linux kernel on UART console is enough.
> VGA 800x600 assuming a micro-desktop board is icing on the cake.

As we have discussed in January (2023) on this list I have a working
boot-image fullfilling the minimal requierements (U-Boot, Linux Kernel,
Debian root image on UART console) somewhere on my hard drives.
Andreas Grapentin and I have broken hardware. I don't know if Andreas
made any progress at repairing his hardware.

So my question is: "Can anyone with working hardware test and varify my
boot-image before we send it to Crowdsupply?"
This is the crucial step right now. We can ice the cake later once 100
cards get released into the world.

Richard, am I correct that you have a working computer card and a
microdesktop in you possession. Are you willing to set it all up and
test my boot-image?

Pablo