[Arm-netbook] What's new at the end of 2023?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Nov 9 02:55:33 GMT 2023

On Thursday, November 9, 2023, Richard Wilbur <richard.wilbur at gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 8, 2023 at 3:12 AM Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
> <lkcl at lkcl.net> wrote:
>> if someone, even one person, gets them a test image, 100 people
>> can get their cards.
>
> Have we distilled the requirements for a test image down into a
> document anywhere?

booting to linux kernel on UART console is enough.
VGA 800x600 assuming a micro-desktop board is icing on the cake.

> Namely, lists of what is required and what would be good or nice to
> have under explicit headings?
>
> If not I'll be happy to start a wiki page.  Looks like we need a build
> of uboot and the kernel + test software to exercise the interfaces we
> want to test.  Possibly with automated gathering and interpreting of
> results to speed the logging and repair of problems.

this would be fantastic.

note that even having u-boot show console output is significant
as it does basic initialisation of PLL and DDR3.

if you get that far you know the following are good:

* power
* uart
* PLL
* CPU