[Arm-netbook] What's new at the end of 2023?

Richard Wilbur richard.wilbur at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 21:24:59 GMT 2023

On Thu, Nov 9, 2023 at 1:30 PM Pablo Rath <pablo at parobalth.org> wrote:
> As we have discussed in January (2023) on this list I have a working
> boot-image fullfilling the minimal requierements (U-Boot, Linux Kernel,
> Debian root image on UART console) somewhere on my hard drives.
> Andreas Grapentin and I have broken hardware. I don't know if Andreas
> made any progress at repairing his hardware.

Sorry about your busted hardware.

> So my question is: "Can anyone with working hardware test and varify my
> boot-image before we send it to Crowdsupply?"
> This is the crucial step right now. We can ice the cake later once 100
> cards get released into the world.
>
> Richard, am I correct that you have a working computer card and a
> microdesktop in you possession. Are you willing to set it all up and
> test my boot-image?

I have an untested computer card (v1.7.4) and microdesktop (v1.?, I've
got to lay eyes on it to verify the version).  I am interested in
setting it up and would be happy to test your boot-image.

(I'm also interested in being able to generate a boot image from
source.  Do you have notes on how you built it?)

I'm a few days away from being able to set things up, I believe.  Then
I can try things out, verify that my computer card works and try out
your boot image.
After that we can send the boot image to CrowdSupply.

When I can lay my hands on an oscilloscope, I intend to
carefully/gingerly test my microdesktop board.  I get the impression
from what others have written, there's a pathology with either the pcb
layout or the assembly around one of the regulator chips.  So I'd like
to observe it misbehaving without burning anything up.

Richard