[Arm-netbook] Status update

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Mon Nov 21 23:01:25 GMT 2022

On Monday, November 21, 2022, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
> On Monday, 21 November 2022 22:38:48 CET Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton
wrote:
>> paul, apologies, i misread. let me start again.
>>
>> On Monday, November 21, 2022, Paul Boddie <paul at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > One is too busy and directs us to the other who is incommunicative.
>>
>> this is the bit that is ambiguous and caused me to misunderstand.
>> whom is "one" and whom is "the other" when there are *three*
>> potential parties involved?
>
> OK, when someone is asked by Crowd Supply to contact the creators
directly,
> you (as creator #1) are evidently too busy

no, this is wrong.  or, factually misleading.
the 93 Cards are at *Think Penguin's premises*.

i have spent 18 months persistently attempting
communication to recover those Cards.

we are WAITING for the results of TESTING of those Cards.

proceeding with the manufacture of the remaining 800 is
a HUGE RISK without information on the state of the 93
that are WITHELD by Chris of Think Penguin.

i am waiting JUST AS MUCH AS YOU ARE.

there is no further action i can take beyond repeating
that the course of action is for ALL OF YOU to
CONTACT CHRISTOPHER WAID.

> and have directed us to Christopher
> Waid (as creator #2) who is incommunicative.

i repeat.

once again.

public pressure from multiple sources and backers is
our last best chance.

it will require multiple people, systematically, and
it will require those people to put the resultant
conversations onto publicly-accessible Social Media,
especially forums where Thinkpenguin customers are
likely to be present in some numbers.

this type of action will cause Chris to lose business if
he does not respond to paying customers, which should
be sufficient to finally get him to respond.

it is uncomfortable, but tough: i cannot protect him any
longer from the consequences of his failure to communicate.

> Personally, I find it all a bit perplexing. Although I know that you
brought
> Mr Waid into the effort with there apparently being some particular
interest
> from him in the laptop, I would imagine that most people following this
> project would have expected you to bring the effort to completion
yourself:

fuck no, you must be absolutely kidding. you cannot possibly be serious.

if you genuinely believe that then you cannot possibly have
been reading the updates where i specifically request assistance
and remind everyone systematically that this is and always
has been a COMMUNITY project where it lives and dies on what
people help out with.

examples include writing documentation, wiki pages, developing
linux kernel support, u-boot patches and getting OS Support
up and running.  none of which i can possibly be expected to
handle alone.

i also go to some lengths to repeatedly state that as a
Certification Mark Holder i am NOT PERMITTED TO SELL PRODUCT
because it is a Conflict of Interest with the role and
responsibility of a Certification Mark Holder.

once again, from the top:

it places the ENTIRE PROJECT AT RISK to proceed with the
manufacture of the remaining Cards without first testing
the 93 that are being witheld by Chrstopher Waid at his
business premises.

Mike needs to know if the yield was 95% or if it was 5%.

we have no idea.

91 of those Cards could be FAULTY and CHRIS HAS NOT TOLD US

without knowing what the fault might be, Mike is risking
proceeding to manufacture A THOUSAND FAULTY UNRECOVERABLE CARDS

at which point this project will have no other choice but
to be declared terminated.

so will you please

will you please

for god's sake

stop arguing

stop speculating

and please

please

LISTEN

and HELP

by CONTACTING CHRISTOPHER WAID

to ask him very simply: "where are the 93 Cards"

so that we can send a Courier round to recover them, get them
to Portland, so that Joshua can test them.

---