[Arm-netbook] will lap-top really be 1.1 kg, and how wide

Chadvellacott chadvellacott at sasktel.net
Wed Apr 25 16:30:16 BST 2018

~
>>     And how wide is the lap-top planned to be (from the left edge of the
>> case, to the right edge, across the key-board)?
>
>   you can check for yourself by downloading the GPLv3-licensed 3D CAD
> source code.
>     https://www.youmagine.com/designs/libre-hardware-licensed-parametric-laptop-design/

    That page said "The parts are deliberately designed to be printable
on a standard 200x200mm Mendel90 style 3D printer, so that even a 15.6in
laptop may be created by printing the longest parts (260mm) across the
diagonal of a Mendel90 print bed (280mm)."
    But I guess that 260 mm is not meant to span the whole back of the
screen, considering things lower down on this message.

>>   (I imagine that 15.6 inches
>> is for the screen itself rather than the whole case, and is a diagonal
>> measurement.)
>
>   the LCD is listed on the rhombus-tech page, from which the datasheet
> may be sourced, and there is approximately 2mm left and right, about
> 10mm top, about.... 25mm at the bottom.
>
>   that gives the overall dimensions.

    Yes, the "youmagine"-page led to
http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/news/
http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/
"AUO B156XTN02.2" for LCD,
from which "duckduckgo" led to
http://www.panelook.com/B156XTN02.2_AUO_15.6_LCM_parameter_15249.html
which said
"outline size of 359.3(W)×209.5(H)×5.5(D) mm"
    I did not get the "PDF"-data-sheet offered there, because I do not
have login-credentials there.  But the quoted numbers are probably
correct, and are confirmed by
http://www.lcd-source.com/Product_Specifications_AUO_B156XTN02.2

    359.3 mm width of LCD, plus 2 mm on the left, plus 2 mm on the
right, is 363.3 mm, or about

14.3 inches wide for the top part of the "clam-shell".

    Thanks for the directing.  That about answers my question.