[Arm-netbook] will lap-top really be 1.1 kg, and how wide

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Thu Apr 26 00:08:28 BST 2018

---

On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 4:30 PM, Chadvellacott
<chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:
> Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote on 2018/04/24 9:39 PM:
>>
>> On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 11:13 PM, Chadvellacott
>> <chadvellacott at sasktel.net> wrote:
>
> ~
>>>
>>>     And how wide is the lap-top planned to be (from the left edge of the
>>> case, to the right edge, across the key-board)?
>>

>>   you can check for yourself by downloading the GPLv3-licensed 3D CAD
>> source code.
>>
>> https://www.youmagine.com/designs/libre-hardware-licensed-parametric-laptop-design/
>>
>    That page said "The parts are deliberately designed to be printable on a
> standard 200x200mm Mendel90 style 3D printer, so that even a 15.6in laptop
> may be created by printing the longest parts (260mm) across the diagonal of
> a Mendel90 print bed (280mm)."
>    But I guess that 260 mm is not meant to span the whole back of the
> screen, considering things lower down on this message.

 that's the vertical.

 case is thus divided into 7 separate parts for LCD and 7 main
structural parts for the body.

vertical @ 260mm

 left
 right
 middle

horizontal @ 160mm (appx):

 front left
 front right
 back left
 back right

it's... complicated.

>>>   (I imagine that 15.6 inches
>>> is for the screen itself rather than the whole case, and is a diagonal
>>> measurement.)
>>

>>   the LCD is listed on the rhombus-tech page, from which the datasheet
>> may be sourced, and there is approximately 2mm left and right, about
>> 10mm top, about.... 25mm at the bottom.
>>
>>   that gives the overall dimensions.
>

>    Yes, the "youmagine"-page led to
> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/news/
> http://rhombus-tech.net/community_ideas/laptop_15in/
> "AUO B156XTN02.2" for LCD,
> from which "duckduckgo" led to
> http://www.panelook.com/B156XTN02.2_AUO_15.6_LCM_parameter_15249.html
> which said
> "outline size of 359.3(W)×209.5(H)×5.5(D) mm"

 there you go.