[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 card based on NXP i.MX7 (work in progress)

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed May 10 10:47:43 BST 2017

On Wed, May 10, 2017 at 9:02 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looks like a good objective. The i.MX display pipeline is reasonably reverse
> engineered to have a full open open source experience.
>
> Reading this list I guess you'll need a few things before you start:
> 1. Check is the i.MX7 fits the powerprofile

 it does.  it's only a dual-core Cortex A7 so will be fine.

> 2. Find a reference design. NDA free

 done already.  found.  already started a conversion process, which
i'll hand over to vincent shortly.  vincent: the only thing is, once
you're in altium i can't directly help you further: any help will have
to be done by either screenshots, PDFs, or in the case of the PCB
layout with gerber files.  one-way output in other words.

> 3. Check if the i.MX7 has all required outputs.

 it does.

> Or needs converter IC's

  it doesn't.