[Arm-netbook] early access EOMA68 to hardware for parabola ARM maintainers?

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Wed Jun 21 20:04:45 BST 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 07:43:07PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>  [...] it's $USD 2000 a time or so to make 10
> samples.  i have 9 available working 2.7.4 samples and 9 microdesktop
> v1.7 pcbs.

So it's 200 $USD for one card plus microdesktop pcb? That is manageable.
Let me know where I should transfer the money and I will do that ASAP.

> if you have a usb-to-uart (usual FT232 thing will do) and
> a soldering iron that would help.

yup, plenty of those around.

> also if you can arrange pickup (e.g. DHL) that would be really
> helpful.

I am not sure what that entails - could you elaborate? I was assuming
the card would just be shipped to my home address. I am not familiar
with dhl pickup, and a quick search didn't produce anything useful.

>  very important: i will mark them as "sample of negligeable value" on
> the cards themselves and on the customs form.

good, let's see how that goes. I'm consistently having trouble with
packages that go through customs; must be on some kind of watchlist.

-A