[Arm-netbook] early access EOMA68 to hardware for parabola ARM maintainers?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Wed Jun 21 20:26:46 BST 2017

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Andreas Grapentin
<andreas at grapentin.org> wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 07:43:07PM +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:
>>  [...] it's $USD 2000 a time or so to make 10
>> samples.  i have 9 available working 2.7.4 samples and 9 microdesktop
>> v1.7 pcbs.
>
> So it's 200 $USD for one card plus microdesktop pcb?

 yyyeah roughly.  i forget how much the microdesktop samples were but
it's nothing like the cost of the A20 samples.  DHL will be... $50
maybe $70, i'll look it up.

> That is manageable.
> Let me know where I should transfer the money and I will do that ASAP.
>
>> if you have a usb-to-uart (usual FT232 thing will do) and
>> a soldering iron that would help.
>
> yup, plenty of those around.

 awesome.  one less thing for me to do.  i'll take a photo so you have
the pinouts.  just fyi if you look at the microdesktop longways with
the 20-pin 2.54mm DIL nearest to you and left-right it's GND in the
front right corner then TX/RX to the left of those, i forget which is
which.

>> also if you can arrange pickup (e.g. DHL) that would be really
>> helpful.
>
> I am not sure what that entails - could you elaborate? I was assuming
> the card would just be shipped to my home address. I am not familiar
> with dhl pickup, and a quick search didn't produce anything useful.

 google "DHL scheduled pickup taiwan":
 http://www.dhl.com.tw/en/express/shipping/pickup.html

 mm.... depending on the bank account i might be able to just arrange
shipping: i'll have to talk to my partner to find out which bank
account has a means and method of paying DHL.

>>  very important: i will mark them as "sample of negligeable value" on
>> the cards themselves and on the customs form.
>
> good, let's see how that goes. I'm consistently having trouble with
> packages that go through customs; must be on some kind of watchlist.

 if you're receiving a lot of stuff, regularly, and it's not a
business address then yeah they might get edgy.  that being the case
it might be better to use Fedex.  Fedex are much better: they handle
customs payment on your behalf and make damn sure to actually do what
they promise: deliver on time.

 http://www.fedex.com/tw_english/pickup/