[Arm-netbook] EOMA - Open Specification?

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Sat May 31 08:44:36 BST 2014

On Tue, May 27, 2014 at 12:39 AM, Bari Ari <bari at onelabs.com> wrote:
> On 05/26/2014 05:49 PM, peter green wrote:
>
>> Your associate blacklisted someone because of a single launch product
>> launch gone bad and that blacklisting extends not just to not
>> collaborating with them on a product launch again (which would be
>> perfecting understandable) but to banning them from using EOMA.
>>
>> By doing so he has sent the message "we will ban people from using EOMA
>> for reasons other than using the EOMA name on a product that doesn't
>> meet the spec". That is a seriously worrying message for anyone
>> considering implementing EOMA based products.
>>

> If you don't get a straight answer then all you need to do is not reuse the
> PCMCIA connector and pin out. There's really nothing special about it and
> the enclosures could do with some improvement. There no spec on the thermal
> management either.
>
> Post your own spec under an open hardware license that will be difficult to
> patent and the blacklisting problem is solved.
>
> Making the molds and tooling for a superior high durability connector is
> cheap and simple in China. If you have the volume there are plenty of
> connector co's that will tool up for you.

 btw, bari,

 one thing i forgot to say.  it's nice to hear from you again: your
advice early on was genuinely appreciated: i learned a lot and you
helped get the project going in its early stages.  your offer  to
create the first EOMA68 CPU Card PCB was also really appreciated
however if you recall when it came push to shove you didn't deliver, i
had to ask someone else to do it, and you haven't been heard from...
until now...

 ... and what we hear from you is, instead of being a contribution to
the project, it is an aggravation of the project, by explaining to
people how to interfere with it, possibly jeapordise it and how to
replace it.

 i would really appreciate it if you didn't do that again.

 if you have something to contribute to the project that helps achieve
the project's goals you are more than welcome to remain on this list.
can i give you a couple of days to think about that?  i will assume
that if i do not hear from you that you are no longer interested.