[Arm-netbook] EOMA - Open Specification?

Bari Ari bari at onelabs.com
Tue May 27 00:39:22 BST 2014

On 05/26/2014 05:49 PM, peter green wrote:

> Your associate blacklisted someone because of a single launch product
> launch gone bad and that blacklisting extends not just to not
> collaborating with them on a product launch again (which would be
> perfecting understandable) but to banning them from using EOMA.
>
> By doing so he has sent the message "we will ban people from using EOMA
> for reasons other than using the EOMA name on a product that doesn't
> meet the spec". That is a seriously worrying message for anyone
> considering implementing EOMA based products.

If you don't get a straight answer then all you need to do is not reuse
the PCMCIA connector and pin out. There's really nothing special about
it and the enclosures could do with some improvement. There no spec on
the thermal management either.

Post your own spec under an open hardware license that will be difficult
to patent and the blacklisting problem is solved.

Making the molds and tooling for a superior high durability connector is
cheap and simple in China. If you have the volume there are plenty of
connector co's that will tool up for you.