[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 now booting Linaro distro from uSD card

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Thu Sep 19 11:06:47 BST 2013

On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 09:23 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>
> >         2. In the Linux directory, the file
> >         arch/arm/configs/sun7i_defconfig has been modified to add
> >         CONFIG_SUNXI_EMAC=y
>
>  i think it would be best if you provided that file.  doesn't matter
> that it's just modified to add one thing.

Done

> >         3. instead of make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
> >         sun4i_defconfig, used make ARCH=arm
> >         CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- sun7i_defconfig
> >
> >         4. The remaining information came from
> >         http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/ to set up the EOMA
> >         to boot from uSD card, and get this file
> >         http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/script.fex to inform
> >         Linux of hardware configuration.
> >             That file has been modified to shut off LCD for now and
> >         enable HDMI,
>
>  ... and this one.

Done

> phil, that looks reasonable to me: what about you?  i think we may
> have been under the impression that joe, by not following previous
> instructions, wasn't in a position to clearly explain what he was
> releasing.  although it's still not directly explicit and absolutely
> clear, i think he's pretty much there.
>
>  joe it would be much better rather than having someone else's
> instructions and saying "you have to follow this but substitute x for
> y", it would be much better to have "you do x".

and also thanks to arokux, also uploaded "git show" output.

http://www.gplsquared.com/eoma_boot/eoma_boot.html#linaro_boot_uSD_image

If more information is needed, tell me what I need to type into
a bash terminal, and i do it. Less time figuring out what needs
to be done, and more likely the answers come flying back.

[Also, just because a question had been posted, please
 don't assume it has been understood. We are all experts
 in different branches of engineering.

 e.g. A request like "how many mod files in amba?"

 Nope. You may know what you meant,
 and the request is 100% clear to those in the know, but
 I don't know what I am looking for to start the process!

 But if you said do this for me:

  cd /your linux directory
  ls -Rl > files.txt
  upload that files.txt for everyone to view

 then I do it blindly without having to understand anything,
 AND you got your answer in record time!!!!

]