[Arm-netbook] EOMA68-A20 now booting Linaro distro from uSD card

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 11:16:25 BST 2013

On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 11:06 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Thu, 2013-09-19 at 09:23 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
>> On Thu, Sep 19, 2013 at 9:13 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> >         2. In the Linux directory, the file
>> >         arch/arm/configs/sun7i_defconfig has been modified to add
>> >         CONFIG_SUNXI_EMAC=y
>>
>>  i think it would be best if you provided that file.  doesn't matter
>> that it's just modified to add one thing.
>
> Done

 excellent.

>> >         3. instead of make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
>> >         sun4i_defconfig, used make ARCH=arm
>> >         CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf- sun7i_defconfig
>> >
>> >         4. The remaining information came from
>> >         http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/ to set up the EOMA
>> >         to boot from uSD card, and get this file
>> >         http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/script.fex to inform
>> >         Linux of hardware configuration.
>> >             That file has been modified to shut off LCD for now and
>> >         enable HDMI,
>>
>>  ... and this one.
>
> Done

 goood.  we're getting there.

>> phil, that looks reasonable to me: what about you?  i think we may
>> have been under the impression that joe, by not following previous
>> instructions, wasn't in a position to clearly explain what he was
>> releasing.  although it's still not directly explicit and absolutely
>> clear, i think he's pretty much there.
>>
>>  joe it would be much better rather than having someone else's
>> instructions and saying "you have to follow this but substitute x for
>> y", it would be much better to have "you do x".
>
> and also thanks to arokux, also uploaded "git show" output.

 git log | head -20  then get the top commit number,
0a51231231213123123123 blah blah.

 that gives you the *exact* git commit from which the image was built.
 provide that information and in combination with the above 2 files i
think you'll be good to go!

 one other thing... probably a good idea... the output from
"arm-linux-gnueabi-hf-gcc --version".  this gives the exact compiler
version, plus its build date and so on.

 this stuff is *really* strict, joe.  and yes, each and every package
that comes out of each and every gnu/linux distro has to and does do
the *exact* same thing.  in the case of debian that's now over 30,000
packages.