[Arm-netbook] Allwinner A10/A13 Video Decoder Reverse engineered

Piyush Verma piyush.pv at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 15:33:27 BST 2013

OES_EGL_image_external support of rendering texture from external memory
which is used in android.

and here I chk early with mali and they said it's support
http://forums.arm.com/index.php?/topic/16819-oes-egl-image-external-render-texture-without-gltexture2d/

Regards

Piyush Verma

On Fri, Sep 6, 2013 at 1:50 AM, Ken Phillis Jr <kphillisjr at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:38 AM, Michal Lazo <michal.lazo at mdragon.org>wrote:
>
>> Than show me api for this
>> I am not aware that opengl/egl api have something like this
>> Latest Mali EGL drivers add support for DMABUF, older drivers support
>> mali UMP but mali don't provide opensource api for this.
>>

> EGL/OpenGL api do not directly support this... Instead the OpenMAX
> specification itself states how to handle the interaction between Egl,
> OpenGL ES, and OpenVG.
>
> Document: OpenMAX IL 1.1.2 Specification
> Download Location: http://www.khronos.org/registry/omxil/
> Section 3.2: OpenMAX IL Core Methods/Macros ( Page 78 to 111 )
> Subsection 3.2.2.19 OMX_UseEGLImage ( Page 102 to 104 )
> This section itself is the critical section to look at.
>
> Section 3.3: OpenMAX IL Component Methods and Structures ( Page 111 to 118
> )
> subsection 3.3.19 UseEGLImage ( Page 118 )
> Not a lot is said, Just provides a definition for UseEGLImageBuffer and
> redirects to the previously mentioned section.

Thanks & Regards

Piyush Verma