[Arm-netbook] EOMA-68 Boots Android and plays youtube videos very well

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 2 22:00:46 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 2, 2013 at 8:26 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

>> > Also git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git doesn't work with some kind of header error message
>>
>> works fine here, although i only let that run for 30 seconds or so.
>>
>> please remember if you get errors to report them in full
>
> ---
>
> Got my new SSD netbook operational - no luck across 3 different internets:

 joe, it may not have been clear: there is nothing wrong - this is normal.

 i will repeat the instructions.

 you need to start by cloning from kernel.org, or github linux-sunxi,
or *ANYTHING* that doesn't start with "git clone http://" but starts
with "git clone git://" instead.

 followed by adding http://git.hands.com/linux.git *MANUALLY* to
.git/config (or if you know the command-line way, do that), and then
do a "git pull" from that manually-added location.

 to show you what is involved, here is the .git/config that i have.
you can see that it has *five* separate "remotes".  and because
everyone uses the same kernel tree (with the exact same commit history
further down the tree) this is *perfectly* possible.

 so, again:

 1) clone some random linux kernel repository.  it really doesn't
matter which one you clone: it can even be the one on kernel.org

 2) add a [remote] section as below

 3) do "git pull" from that to obtain the differences (the extra
objects) that will bring you up-to-date

 in this way you will *NOT* need to be pulling 1.2gbytes of crap over
a single HTTP connection which is quite likely to fail half-way
through the transfer.

l.

[core]
    repositoryformatversion = 0
    filemode = true
    bare = false
    logallrefupdates = true
[remote "origin"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git://github.com/linux-sunxi/linux-sunxi
    #url = git://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner.git
[remote "amery"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git://github.com/amery/linux-sunxi
    #url = git://github.com/amery/linux-allwinner.git
[branch "sunxi-3.0"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/sunxi-3.0
[branch "allwinner-v3.0-android"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/allwinner-v3.0-android
[branch "stage/sunxi-3.4"]
    remote = origin
    merge = refs/heads/stage/sunxi-3.4
[branch "import/lichee-3.3/a20-dev"]
    remote = amery
    merge = refs/heads/import/lichee-3.3/a20-dev
[remote "hands"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = ssh://git@git.hands.com/linux.git
[remote "yuq"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git://github.com/yuq/sunxi-nfc-mtd.git
[branch "sunxi-nfc-mtd"]
    remote = yuq
    merge = refs/heads/master
[remote "cubieboard"]
    fetch = +refs/heads/*:refs/remotes/origin/*
    url = git://github.com/cubieboard/linux-sunxi.git