[Arm-netbook] GK802 for $70

Roman Mamedov rm at romanrm.ru
Thu May 23 21:30:19 BST 2013

On Tue, 26 Mar 2013 04:56:43 +0600
Roman Mamedov <rm at romanrm.ru> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Saw a post on a Russian website about a sale of GK802 at
>
> http://www.geekbuying.com/item/Unii-GK802-Fresscale-i-MX6-Quad-Dure-Cortex-A9-DDR3-1GB-RAM-8GB-ROM-TV-Box-Dongle----Black-312807.html
>
> with coupon code FVKIWVAG
>
> $89.99 - $20 = $69.99
>
> Free tracked airmail shipping with $1.98 optional insurance.
>
> This seems to be a good deal and is about ~$20 cheaper than everywhere else
> (Aliexpress), I ordered one. But I must warn that personally I have no prior
> experience with that particular shop, so can't vouch that they are honest and
> the sale is fully legit.

With the Russian post being extremely slow these days, I just received my
GK802 a couple of days ago (almost 2 months shipping time). And as if "just in
time", a Debian installer for GK802 was released [1]. Installed Debian from it
today with no major problems, however was disappointed to find that the
included kernel lacks IPv6 support. So I will be rebuilding the kernel and
perhaps will make and post a ready-to-run Debian image, so that people don't
have to go through the installer if they don't want to.

[1]
http://projectgus.com/2013/05/debian-installer-for-zealz-gk802-android-tv-quad-core-arm-minipc/

--
With respect,