[Arm-netbook] A new MK802 failing to boot from SD

Emilio López turl at linux-sunxi.org
Thu Mar 7 14:28:09 GMT 2013

Hello,

El 07/03/13 10:12, Olaf Holgerson escribió:
> Roman Mamedov <rm <at> romanrm.ru> writes:
>

>> On Thu, 7 Mar 2013 12:26:43 +0000 (UTC)
>> Olaf Holgerson <dragonarch <at> gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Did you solve the issue with sd-card boot on MK802?
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> No I did not solve it. I still have the problematic MK802 lying around, so if
>> you come to any solution please tell me about it, so I can try it too.
>>
>> Last time I experimented with it, in the end I placed my own kernel into nanda
>> with root= hardcoded to be /dev/mmc0blk1p2; it successfully loads that kernel
>> from nanda and then proceeds to boot with rootfs on SD. But this is very
>> inconvenient, I would have to update kernel in nanda each time on kernel
>> upgrades, and if the new kernel fails to work, it's then a messy process with
>> Android and adb to swap back to the previous kernel (not the usual "just
>> insert SD into some other device").
>>

> Well,
> I'm sure that the problem lays somewhere in the nanda content, u-boot binary
> or boot scripts. There is an error connected with the hardware detection
> part of u-boot (same problem as yours on the earlier versions of u-boot/spl -
> MMC detection is null, and much more complicated to understanding and digging
> on the current version of u-boot I've just built):
>
> U-Boot SPL 2012.10-04266-g20efdee (Mar 02 2013 - 10:16:49)
> DRAM: ? ? 0MB
> ### ERROR ### Please RESET the board ###

Apparently it fails to initialize the RAM; can you boot both of your
devices with android, then run the following static binary as root on
both of them? (you can use adb shell or a terminal emulator)

https://github.com/maxnet/a10-meminfo/blob/master/a10-meminfo-static?raw=true

Hopefully it's just a matter of finding the right memory settings, and
making a new board configuration on u-boot for these problematic devices.