[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 18:06:45 BST 2013

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:10 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:
> On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 15:18 -0500, Christopher Thomas wrote:
>> You can boot it now. It works OOTB with a horribly configured android OS, and if you use a powered hub for the OTG connector, you should be able to use your peripherals. Haven't had the chance to test that theory yet. I did get the usb on the MEB working with the power circuit disconnected, but had my accident before I could do further testing. SD card doesn't work OOTB and neither does the Ethernet. You can however flash it with PhoenixSuit.
>>
>> Christopher Thomas
>
> Hate acronyms - so here is translation :)

 :)

> "You can boot it now. It works out of the box with a horribly configured
>  android OS. If you use a powered hub for the USB OTG (USB On The Go)
>  connector, you should be able to use your peripherals.
>
>  Haven't had the chance to test that theory yet.

 i don't know anything like that that actually exists.  if you mean
"turn the USB-OTG port into USB Host (in software e.g. the simplest
way is to change the script.fex to make it a USB Host) then connect a
4-port powered USB hub to it" then yes that should work absolutely
fine.

 if however you're thinking that you can power-up by providing 5V
power on the USB-OTG interface and at the same time make some weird
cable where the USB signals go to a USB powered up then please don't
try doing that, it will only end in tears.

>  I did get the usb on the MEB (Micro Engineering Board) working with the
>  power circuit disconnected, but had my accident before I could do
>  further testing. SD card doesn't work out of the box

 yes it does - you just have to have the correct script.fex file.

> and neither does the Ethernet.

 no that i haven't been able to test that.  MEBs only just arrived
this morning.  SATA will take a while too, got to jury-rig something
up.

>  You can however flash it with PhoenixSuit

really??  you're still using that pile of poo?  use fel-boot instead
for goodness sake!

> So Luke, is the hardware fully working or is it all up in the air
> and needs testing + debugging (help?)

 mine's only arrived this morning!

> What chance of getting Linaro or some such thing working
> on the EOMA?

 i spoke to david oo... over a year ago, filled him in on what we're
up to, but... oh hang on, do you mean just a linaro software release?
if so, that shouldn't be hard.

 i already have had debian/testing armhf up and running months ago on
both the A10 and A20 CPU Cards - other OSes are not going to be hard
to do.