[Arm-netbook] It arrived in the post just now!

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Tue Jul 30 17:10:23 BST 2013

On Mon, 2013-07-29 at 15:18 -0500, Christopher Thomas wrote:
> You can boot it now. It works OOTB with a horribly configured android OS, and if you use a powered hub for the OTG connector, you should be able to use your peripherals. Haven't had the chance to test that theory yet. I did get the usb on the MEB working with the power circuit disconnected, but had my accident before I could do further testing. SD card doesn't work OOTB and neither does the Ethernet. You can however flash it with PhoenixSuit.
>
> Christopher Thomas

Hate acronyms - so here is translation :)

"You can boot it now. It works out of the box with a horribly configured
 android OS. If you use a powered hub for the USB OTG (USB On The Go)
 connector, you should be able to use your peripherals.

 Haven't had the chance to test that theory yet.

 I did get the usb on the MEB (Micro Engineering Board) working with the
 power circuit disconnected, but had my accident before I could do
 further testing. SD card doesn't work out of the box and neither does
 the Ethernet.

 You can however flash it with PhoenixSuit (to boot from SDCard and work
 the ethernet?) "

So Luke, is the hardware fully working or is it all up in the air
and needs testing + debugging (help?)

What chance of getting Linaro or some such thing working
on the EOMA?

I had no proper time yet to get A10 board I build to work.
The expeyes A10 board is also nearing completion.

Life for me would be brilliant if a board working fully with Linux
(like Linaro - but not Android) happens, so as to make the remaining
boards booted & tested and get to where I want to get to.