[Arm-netbook] A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card Schematics completed

Alejandro Mery amery at geeks.cl
Fri Sep 7 17:38:04 BST 2012

On 7 September 2012 18:25, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> the first CPU Card is nearing completion and availability: the schematics
> have been completed:
> http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/news/
>
> i've made an announcement on slashdot - please do help raise the profile
> with a "+" on http://slashdot.org/recent
>
> if you'd like to get in early on comments (or just talk anyway :), you can
> do so here:
>
> http://slashdot.org/submission/2247539/rhombus-tech-a10-eoma-68-cpu-card-schematics-completed
>
> there's been only one omission that i've noticed, and that was that the JTAG
> selection wasn't wired to a jumper selector (however: u-boot is), so for
> this 1st revision it will be necessary to use the DIL2-44 JTAG pins rather
> than being able to use those "Universal SD Debugging" cards.  sorry!
>
> we have an extraordinarily tight schedule to meet for getting the first I/O
> Board out (a 14in Laptop.  yes.  several complete working prototypes, by
> 10th october).  if anybody would like to help accelerate this process by
> placing an order directly with the ODM house for a laptop to be made up,
> please do let me know and we can arrange something.  i know there's been
> several people who've expressed interest.
>
> the factory has been given the BOM: we should have pricing, availability and
> lead times soon enough.  more news once it's available.

congratulations for reaching this milestone! ... I have to admit if
feel strange that it was Wits who made the schematics at the end...
but well... it's nice to finally have schematics.

- will these schematics be open sourced? when?
- does this new $relation$ with Wits gives us something new regarding
the CedarX libraries and access to their latest u-boot/linux sources?
- any plan to make also a good eoma68 laptop soon?

Best wishes,
Alejandro Mery