[Arm-netbook] A10 EOMA-68 CPU Card Schematics completed

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 18:38:22 BST 2012

On Fri, Sep 7, 2012 at 5:38 PM, Alejandro Mery <amery at geeks.cl> wrote:

> > the factory has been given the BOM: we should have pricing, availability
> and
> > lead times soon enough.  more news once it's available.
>
> congratulations for reaching this milestone! ... I have to admit if
> feel strange that it was Wits who made the schematics at the end...

 yeah i know!  we just... yeah :)  if the business relationships didn't
exist with our PRC client, then none of this would be happening.  it's been
a series of jammy coincidences, that keep on emerging even now.  we've been
extremely lucky.

> but well... it's nice to finally have schematics.

tell me about it.

> - will these schematics be open sourced? when?

don't know.  that'll have to be a question asked of wits-tech, at some
point.  i feel that they'll need to receive some revenue first from their
work, before committing to that, or to have the strategy and the clear
financial benefits to them clearly explained.

> - does this new $relation$ with Wits gives us something new regarding
> the CedarX libraries and access to their latest u-boot/linux sources?

 no.  wits-tech != allwinner.  i'll get to that in good time, once there is
a clear need which *directly* financially affects allwinner if the request
for the source code is not fulfilled.  for example, a TV product which a
client wants, where it simply won't work without the source code, and
allwinner would lose $NNm/yr in revenue.

 under such circumstances, i will ask.  however, i'm not going to ask
*until* such circumstances arise.

- any plan to make also a good eoma68 laptop soon?

 yes - a 14in laptop, by 10th october.  that's what i mentioned above,
already.  our PRC client wants 25 laptops done by the 10th of october.  i'm
offering people the opportunity to be put in touch directly with the ODMs
we've selected who will be making the PCB and doing the conversion work, to
increase that number of machines *above* 25.

 obviously, the absolute top priority will have to be on getting the 25
machines done by 10th october, but anyone else can have their completed
laptops at any time convenient to the ODM, at the ODM's own working pace,
*after* they've fulfilled our client's requirements.