[Arm-netbook] Has Anyone Yet Made A Mele Flash Image For A Linux Distribution?

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 13:55:57 BST 2012

On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 11:38 AM, e8hffff at gmail.com <e8hffff at gmail.com>wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has yet made a flash image to install a linux
> distribution onto the internal nand memory  of Mele 1000/2000 unit?

 yes i'm sure there are.

 obviously you'll need to start from an SD boot - pick one of these:
 http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/hacking_the_mele_a1000/

> I'm really interested in using my Mele as a low powered server but do not
> want
> to boot it with a SD Card, as most of the projects are offering.

great.  can anyone help him at all?  anyone know of any existing
step-by-step instructions that he can follow, which will transfer things
onto the NAND flash?

this is really why we need a debian-installer image, btw, instead of the
rather lame "let's distribute an entire 1gbyte preinstalled filesystem".

setting up a debian-installer image, like frans did for the CT-PC89E,
detects and then allows people to select the target install media via the
standard menu system (and also the automated unattended d-i)