[Arm-netbook] A10 CPU Card (revision 0)

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Oct 23 14:24:51 BST 2012

ok, we have one last part to get hold of - the HDMI connector from
amphenol - and we will have the 10 samples done by wits-tech, likely
in 1 or 2 days time.  one is going straight to allwinner for them to
test and create the script.fex file.  bearing in mind that these are
revision 0 boards (and so are slightly too large and will need
rework), we may be able to sell 5 of them to people who would like
very early access, and potentially a collector's item.

once the testing's done, the next revision will likely be 4-6 weeks,
if that.  we've got most of the hold-ups sorted, now.

the only thing i'm marginally disappointed by is that there simply
isn't enough room to fit all 4 connectors at the end, as we were
expecting, so we'll have to drop audio (and put it onto the .
USB-OTG, Micro-SD and Micro-HDMI.  what we'll likely do is, once the
Revision 1 cards are done, proven and selling, we'll have enough funds
in at that point to pay litkconn for a casework redesign.  what we'll
probably do then is put in a top-loading Micro-SD slot, with a hole
through the top shield.  this would free up _plenty_ of space at the
user-facing end: we could probably then fit an S-Video Out or maybe an
extra USB (powered, so as to get 1 Amp total).

thoughts and input welcomed - there's still plenty of scope for people
to influence what happens here.