[Arm-netbook] thoughts about EOMA68

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Mon Oct 8 19:36:43 BST 2012

On 10/08/2012 12:21 PM, green wrote:
> Henrik Nordström wrote at 2012-10-08 10:03 -0500:
>> I thought the question was about EOMA68 hotplug of a self-powered CPU
>> card into an I/O board. Not the non-EOMA side of things?
>>
>> i.e. EOMA68 already powered via OTG, and then plugged into an EOMA68
>> laptop chassis (LCD + USB keyboard + battery + whatever) while the CPU
>> card is still powered on and running.
>
> However is necessary to get the job done.  Somehow have the option of
> switching chassis easily (like this might happen several times a day),
> preferably without needing to shutdown the running operating system.
>
> This could be with a laptop shell that simply plugs in via USB/HDMI (might be
> simpler) or moving the EOMA68 card into a new chassis.  Simple enough I
> suppose, except that none of this kind of hardware exists that I know of.

This is a wonderful idea, it occurred to myself as well when I came
across this project a year ago. But for the moment it should remain on
the some-day-maybe list. I say this because it's not a feature we need
to pursue for the first generation cards, and it's benefit will only
truly be realized after we get them out there and an ecosystem of
chassis develop.

So, let's keep a note of it, but focus on the immediate goal for
shipping something/anything that we can leverage towards that those
later awesome features.

Luke,

How long is the PCB re-spin going to take? Do you have any new
information you can share about where Rhombus Tech and it's partners are
towards a deliverable product?

What is that status on the IMX card as well?

--
Scott Sullivan