[Arm-netbook] I've got my MeLe A2000 as well :)

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sat May 12 10:00:41 BST 2012

fre 2012-05-11 klockan 19:29 -0700 skrev Mark Wilczynski:

> > Video playback do not use the GPU.

> Depends on how the decoded frame is displayed.  Via some type of
> overlay
> directly to the display or by drawing it on a polygon as a texture
> using opengl, etc.

My understanding is that the A10 is capable of

- direct FB playback
- playback in a movable 2D overlay region of the screen. There is a
(limited) number of these 2D overlays available.
- indirect playback via a 3D texture drawn into by the VPU and rendered
by the GPU.

In neither case you use the GPU for video decoding. At most YUV-RGB
transformation.

Regards
Henrik