[Arm-netbook] ICS build

"Sztupák Sz. Zsolt" mail at sztupy.hu
Wed Apr 11 13:52:59 BST 2012

2012.04.11. 14:41 keltezéssel, Akash írta:
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM, "Sztupák Sz. Zsolt" <mail at sztupy.hu
> <mailto:mail at sztupy.hu>> wrote:
>
>     Yeah, CM9 is a bit easier to build than standard AOSP, as it contains
>     some compatibility layers for devices without the proper ICS drivers.
>     And unfortunately working 3.x kernel + gpu drivers are still not
>     available. I didn't try yet, I'm still hoping for a working 3.x kernel
>     and apropriate gpu drivers.
>
> Can i use the cm9 build with the kernel that is already existing
> within the device?
AFAIK yes. I didn't try that build yet, but it does work with the
original 2.6.x kernel. It should also work with a self-built one too
from source.

>     I did manage to build AOSP ICS though (using self-built kernels
>     and the
>     software opengl renderer), but without hardware acceleration it
>     was not
>     really usable.
>
> When you say it was not USABLE, can you tell me which part of it was
> not? (my basic need right now is  WIFI has to work, host usb has to
> work (V important) , rest of the other basics, like ability to install
> an app, etc )
Graphics was damn slow. Really-really slow. All basic animations were
lagging around 1-2 fps. This is mainly as ICS apps rely heavily on
proper hardware acceleration. Only apps made for pre-honeycomb were
somewhat usable, but for them you'd use the more stable GB build anyway.