[Arm-netbook] ICS build

Akash akash87 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:41:16 BST 2012

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 5:50 PM, "Sztupák Sz. Zsolt" <mail at sztupy.hu> wrote:

> Yeah, CM9 is a bit easier to build than standard AOSP, as it contains
> some compatibility layers for devices without the proper ICS drivers.
> And unfortunately working 3.x kernel + gpu drivers are still not
> available. I didn't try yet, I'm still hoping for a working 3.x kernel
> and apropriate gpu drivers.

Can i use the cm9 build with the kernel that is already existing within the
device?

> I did manage to build AOSP ICS though (using self-built kernels and the
> software opengl renderer), but without hardware acceleration it was not
> really usable.
>
> When you say it was not USABLE, can you tell me which part of it was not?
(my basic need right now is  WIFI has to work, host usb has to work (V
important) , rest of the other basics, like ability to install an app, etc )

I do plan on making a tutorial on some parts of ICS building I know
> (like replacing the system part, or packing a new initramfs), as I get a
> lot of requests nowadays.

THIS WOULD BE AWESOME! If you make it as a wiki, i don't mind helping as i
can share my experience also

>  SztupY
> > There were some builds of CyanogenMod for the Novo7 on XDA, if I
> > remember well...
> >
> > AOSP is free, share ahead!
> >

> > Alejandro
> >
> > On Sun, Apr 8, 2012 at 7:45 PM, Akash<akash87 at gmail.com>  wrote:
> >> Has anyone successfully built ICS AOSP for Allwinner A10 board?
> >>
> >> I was able to make the images using
> >> https://github.com/sztupy/allwinner_android_system_core and
> >> https://github.com/sztupy/android_device_softwinner (ics branch).
> >>
> >> Also, can i share my output on github? Or is it not legal to share it?
> >> (I wouldnt think so as its an AOSP that i'm sharing)
> >> --
> >> Adrenaline Junkie

Adrenaline Junkie