[Arm-netbook] SATA and IDE memory-addressable ICs

Michelle Konzack linux4michelle at tamay-dogan.net
Fri Apr 9 12:17:12 BST 2010

Hello Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton,

> On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:57 PM, Baybal Ni <nikulinpi at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>yep.  two, i believe.  and it has integrated OpenGL ES 2.0 3D
> >>acceleration.  and HDMI out.  you should see the odroid developer
> >>platform videos - http://hardkernel.com http://dev.odroid.com
> >
> > Display driver, I mean a chip which modulates signal send over lvds
> > and manages backlight and hardware contrast.
>
>  no - from what i can gather that's very unusual to have (LVDS
> built-in) - the frequencies are astronomically high.

Do you know Texas Instruments "FlatLink3d"?

Welcome in the world of Sitara and oMAP!

They have not only a 24bit RGB interface but also a LVDS.

Unfortunatey I can use only the 24bit RGB under Linux and being not able
to switch to "FlatLink3D" which is necesary for my AUO 19" TFT. Linux is
Frickel-Ware and I do not know, where to put the code which  switch  the
interface to it.

>  a separate LVDS
> driver is not expensive.  also, you simply use a GPIO pin and
> Pulse-Width Modulation on a fast timer, there: you have your backlight
> power and brightness management.

There are BacklightLSE-Driver of  2x2mm  which  do  a  much  better  job
including current control whic increase the livetime of the LCD.

>  almost all of the ARM CPUs that i know of have 18-bit or 24-bit TTL,
> which can be connected directly to an LVDS driver chip.

...and cost space onboard!

>  if there are ARM CPUs out there which have LVDS built-in (of which
> there are several variants, including one-channel for smaller panels
> and three-channel for the larger panels due to the ridiculous
> frequencies that would otherwise be required) i would be extremely
> surprised.

Again:  Welcome in the world of Sitara and OMAP!  --  FlatLink3D

>  if i'm wrong about any of the above please do correct me.

Hehehe  --  DONE!

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day/Evening
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator

itsystems at tdnet France           itsystems at tdnet UG (haftungsbeschränkt)
Gesch. Michelle Konzack          Gesch. Michelle Konzack

Apt. 917 (homeoffice)
50, rue de Soultz               Kinzigstraße 17
67100 Strasbourg/France         77694 Kehl/Germany
Tel: +33-6-61925193 mobil       Tel: +49-177-9351947 mobil
Tel: +33-9-52705884 fix

<http://www.itsystems.tamay-dogan.net/>  <http://www.flexray4linux.org/>
<http://www.debian.tamay-dogan.net/>         <http://www.can4linux.org/>

Jabber linux4michelle at jabber.ccc.de