[Arm-netbook] next step is a boot image

Andreas Grapentin andreas at grapentin.org
Tue Jan 17 09:05:25 GMT 2023

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 08:46:34AM +0100, Pablo Rath wrote:
> Could you please clarify your setup. Is this sunxi-u-boot (legacy
> u-boot) via fel or written to the sd card?

Unfortunately, I don't remember what bootloader I installed on that
image. I'm currently in the process of making a toolchain cabable of
building the legacy sunxi u-boot.

> Are there changes software or hardwire wise? I don't understand why it
> worked 2021 and fails to boot now.

IIRC I had only uart output working back in 2021, and while setting up
the uart connection again, I miswired the microdesktop headers and must
have shorted something that destroyed some active component on the
microdesktop. That's my reading of the situation.

I'll upload the 2021 image later today, so other people can take a look.
But I've already seen that the installation is a bit broken and there's
no clear upgrade path. I went through the motions and manually updated
the installation in a chroot. Once I have boot back up working I'll give
that version a spin and also upload it.

-A