[Arm-netbook] Another laptop project: PINEBOOK

mike.valk at gmail.com mike.valk at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 07:37:00 GMT 2017

> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > It's clearly not comparable to the EOMA68 laptop because it lacks the
> > modularity, and is obviously not as flexible as a result, and it's fairly
> > limited in terms of the interfaces and expansion options it offers.
>
>  and uses a processor which cannot be brought up without a proprietary
> binary-only bootloader, yippeee!
>
> Is an Allwinner A64 SoC. The linux-sunxi community is almost done with a
open boot0/1 replacement:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/XQGd7O-ZhWo

The thing that bugs me the most is the 2GiB limit.

Currently it's more capable than my "poulsbo", Dell inspiron mini 1010,
netbook.
1. KMS drivers.
2. Motion video codec acceleration. http://linux-sunxi.org/Cedrus
3. Small hopes for open 2D/3D drivers. http://limadriver.org