[Arm-netbook] Another laptop project: PINEBOOK

Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton lkcl at lkcl.net
Fri Jan 13 08:15:35 GMT 2017

---

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 7:37 AM, mike.valk at gmail.com
<mike.valk at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On Thu, Jan 12, 2017 at 1:02 PM, David Boddie <david at boddie.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> > It's clearly not comparable to the EOMA68 laptop because it lacks the
>> > modularity, and is obviously not as flexible as a result, and it's
>> > fairly
>> > limited in terms of the interfaces and expansion options it offers.
>>
>>  and uses a processor which cannot be brought up without a proprietary
>> binary-only bootloader, yippeee!
>>
> Is an Allwinner A64 SoC. The linux-sunxi community is almost done with a
> open boot0/1 replacement:
>
> https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/linux-sunxi/XQGd7O-ZhWo

 oh good!  with - once again - absolutely zero assistance from
allwinner, no doubt.  jaezuss when are allwinner going to get it that
this is destroying their reputation

> The thing that bugs me the most is the 2GiB limit.

 yeahhh, i know.... that's why i went with the RK3288 as it goes up to
4GB.  it's also a faster SoC than the A64.  EOMA68-RK3288 PCB arrived
yesterday: http://rhombus-tech.net/rock_chips/rk3288/news/