[Arm-netbook] Resource for quantifying the relative performance of the A20

Matt Campbell mattcampbell at pobox.com
Mon Aug 15 19:25:06 BST 2016

Of course, there's no substitute for trying an A20-based board and
finding out if it's good enough for the tasks you need to do. And Luke's
recent videos suggest that it is indeed good enough for several common
tasks.

But I can't be the only one who's curious about how the A20 compares to
other processors, especially various x86 processors.

This is where UnixBench (https://github.com/kdlucas/byte-unixbench)
comes in handy. It's an open-source system benchmark suite for Unix,
going back a couple of decades. Someone took the time to run UnixBench
on a variety of computers, including the A20-based Cubieboard2, and
published the results here:

https://enchufado.com/proyectos/unixbench.html

Of course, that doesn't factor in graphics performance, but I thought it
might still be worth sharing.

Matt