[Arm-netbook] Ubuntu touch OS working on pengpods

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Sep 28 01:29:05 BST 2013

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 5:59 PM, Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 17:46 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:

>> > What's less impressive is that they apparently felt the need to spam addresses
>> > harvested from this list *again* after promising that last time was a
>> > one off mistake. :-(
>>
>>  no.  ian: you've spoken with neal before [in direct email
>> communication].
>
> No, I haven't. If nothing else this list's use of reply-to took care of
> that for me, but I have checked my sent mail folder too.
>
>> *that's* where he got your email address from.  *not*
>> from "harvesting".  they slurped all email addresses from neal's
>> *inbox*... with his permission and consent.
>
> Neal explained this last time, list traffic goes into his INBOX, there
> is no need to have mailed him directly:

 ahhhh, of course.  got it.  yes.  that's bad.  so, anyone who's ever
posted to the list - or in fact *any* list to which neal has ever been
subscribed - would be... yeah i get it now.  that's not good.

 neal, if your marketing person needs to be persuaded that they're
doing the wrong thing by using mailchimp, all you need to tell him is
that he's managed to piss off nearly 300 people whose good-will it
would be essential to have.  by using mailchimp it's done the
*opposite* of precisely the advice that's given to crowdfunding
campaigns: ask people *personally* to spread the word.