[Arm-netbook] Ubuntu touch OS working on pengpods

Ian Campbell ijc at hellion.org.uk
Fri Sep 27 17:59:00 BST 2013

On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 17:46 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Ian Campbell <ijc at hellion.org.uk> wrote:
> > On Fri, 2013-09-27 at 10:29 +0000, joem wrote:
> >> Pengpod is running Ubuntu touch OS:
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypqjfOYiyCk
> >>
> >> Impressive!!
> >
> > What's less impressive is that they apparently felt the need to spam addresses
> > harvested from this list *again* after promising that last time was a
> > one off mistake. :-(
>
>  no.  ian: you've spoken with neal before [in direct email
> communication].

No, I haven't. If nothing else this list's use of reply-to took care of
that for me, but I have checked my sent mail folder too.

> *that's* where he got your email address from.  *not*
> from "harvesting".  they slurped all email addresses from neal's
> *inbox*... with his permission and consent.

Neal explained this last time, list traffic goes into his INBOX, there
is no need to have mailed him directly:

        Unfortunately since I'm subscribed to this list as lot of your
        emails got picked up as well.  I think if you send something to
        the list and I received it, my program thought you were emailing
        me directly

>  if you want to unsubscribe from that list that was created - which
> has nothing to do with this one - then just hit the "unsubscribe"
> link, or better, just ask neal to get mailchimp to do it for you.

I shouldn't have to unsubscribe, I never subscribed in the first place!
Neither implicitly nor explicitly.

The only reason I'm not being exceptionally rude right now is that it
does appear to have been a genuine mistake, albeit for the second time.

Neal has explained this second transgression, I'm satisfied with that. I
hope it won't happen again.

Anyway, this is rapidly off-topic for arm-netbook particular list, so
I'll drop it now.

Ian.