[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 MEBv1 Modification Pictures

joem joem at martindale-electric.co.uk
Sat Sep 14 21:15:51 BST 2013

Hello everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone know that the remaining MEBv1s are shipping. Here are some pictures that show what they look like "POST" Modification. I inverted the SATA connector (this requires removing the guide pins and flipping them, then taking a small blade and forcing the contact leads down enough to have the bend invert on itself, then holding it down while you solder), I removed R2, and attached a Jumper Wire from Pin 11 to Pin1 on the Ethernet Connector.

MEBv2 will not have these issues, and will also contain some additional features.

As soon as you receive your boards, please let me know if they arrived in good condition. I received reports that two boards arrived damaged, even after ample bubble wrap inside a box.

http://i.imgur.com/AyDlJq1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/2EtcxvI.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/AuaVBr7.jpg

---

Do you have by chance a working dd uSD image you could share for testing sata?
The cubieboard2 a20 distro http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/hramrach/cubieboard2-linux3.3-SD-card-image/
has their sata working, but try as I might, can't get it modified for eoma to work the sata
though it boots well now and a few things work.