[Arm-netbook] EOMA68 MEBv1 Modification Pictures

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 00:43:37 BST 2013

On Sat, Sep 14, 2013 at 9:15 PM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Just wanted to let everyone know that the remaining MEBv1s are shipping.
> Here are some pictures that show what they look like "POST" Modification. I
> inverted the SATA connector (this requires removing the guide pins and
> flipping them, then taking a small blade and forcing the contact leads down
> enough to have the bend invert on itself, then holding it down while you
> solder), I removed R2, and attached a Jumper Wire from Pin 11 to Pin1 on the
> Ethernet Connector.
>
> MEBv2 will not have these issues, and will also contain some additional
> features.
>
> As soon as you receive your boards, please let me know if they arrived in
> good condition. I received reports that two boards arrived damaged, even
> after ample bubble wrap inside a box.
>
> http://i.imgur.com/AyDlJq1.jpg
>
> http://i.imgur.com/2EtcxvI.jpg
>
> http://i.imgur.com/AuaVBr7.jpg
>
> ---
>
> Do you have by chance a working dd uSD image you could share for testing
> sata?
> The cubieboard2 a20 distro
> http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/hramrach/cubieboard2-linux3.3-SD-card-image/
> has their sata working, but try as I might, can't get it modified for eoma
> to work the sata

 joe: follow the instructions that i gave you.  the reason you haven't
got SATA working is because you've not enabled the modules, or if you
have enabled them you've either not copied them over or you've not
loaded them.

 i'll test a board here (i've found the SATA i desoldered) and repro
the instructions i gave you, tomorrow.