[Arm-netbook] SATA - ATAS

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Mon Sep 9 10:49:38 BST 2013

On Mon, Sep 9, 2013 at 9:50 AM, joem <joem at martindale-electric.co.uk> wrote:

>> > Anyway, good news is Chris has it working. If anyone has a uSD image for testing they can share, then I can do tests as well.
>>
>>  http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/boot/
>>
>>  take the image from the link "a10boot", overlay the files from the
>> link "partition2.tgz".
>>

> Thank you very much. I'll try if I get time this evening - if not
> tomorrow. I got the flash with Henrik's uboot doing the mmc 3 boot
> thing to try this out with.
>

> I got sunxi Linux compiling first time yesterday after getting
> the tool chains and set ups correct in Ubuntu 12.04.3 - but its not the
> EOMA one yet :(
> That is crashing left and right.

 "crashing" is a serious error that means for example "gcc is
crashing".  i.e. there is a serious error with gcc which you should
probably report to the software team that is responsible for gcc.

 what you *probably* mean is "the instructions for compiling sunxi
linux kernel aren't working for me" ... in which case you should
attach a complete log and/or partial log of what's going wrong.

> From http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner/a20/boot/
> When I run
>
> make -j3 ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-gnueabihf-
> KDIR=~/src/a10/linux-sunxi/ -C arch/arm/mach-sun7i/pm/standby all

 the KDIR environment variable is a standard linux kernel environment
variable, which says "my (K)ernal (DIR)ectory is ~/src/....".  so,
obviously, you have to adjust that for your setup.

 the -C option you can look up with "man make" - it says "after you've
loaded Makefile, change to directory arch/.... *before* starting
compiling".

> Also, I noticed the script.fex has a lot of hardware enabled by default.
> Is that right Luke?

 sort-of.  it doesn't really matter greatly.  but, it's a start not a final.

> Just thinking out loud here - that script.fex
> needs to match the hardware that is wired out of the EOMA
> or it may to cripple the testing with tangential issues?

 *hand-waving*... if you spot anything let me know.

> Also I don't know if it matters yet but the software at
> git clone http://git.hands.com/linux.git
> is getting way behind from the one at http://linux-sunxi.org/

 it's there for a different purpose.

> Will it be easy to use the one at http://linux-sunxi.org/
> and have some instructions to customize it for EOMA?

 no.  it's easier to take snapshots, work on those (where we have
access and an ssh key so can write to git.hands.com) then submit
patches once they're stable.

> Also last but not least
> git clone git://github.com/linux-sunxi/sunxi-boards.git
> does not have an entry for the EOMA
> Would it all be easier if it were in there?

 yes.

 please feel free to submit one.