[Arm-netbook] RFC: EOMA-26

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 08:39:10 BST 2013

does anyone know of a sub-$0.50 preferably sub-$0.30 embedded
controller that has at least I2C and at least 8 pins of GPIO with IRQ
capability (rise/fall edge detection)?  it *really* doesn't have to be
fast (1mhz would do), but it does have to be severely, seriously
low-cost.  properly supported by free software is absolutely
essential.

or, does anyone know of a dedicated I2C GPIO IC?

the reason: i'm considering making the USB interface on EOMA-26 be
USB-OTG (mandatory).  but that would mean that an ID-detect pin would
be needed.  as the number of GPIOs is severely limited, some form of
GPIO expansion is needed on the I/O Boards.

thoughts anyone?