[Arm-netbook] RFC: EOMA-26

luke.leighton luke.leighton at gmail.com
Sat Jul 6 08:50:32 BST 2013

On Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 8:39 AM, luke.leighton <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
> does anyone know of a sub-$0.50 preferably sub-$0.30 embedded
> controller that has at least I2C and at least 8 pins of GPIO with IRQ
> capability (rise/fall edge detection)?  it *really* doesn't have to be
> fast (1mhz would do), but it does have to be severely, seriously
> low-cost.  properly supported by free software is absolutely
> essential.

 ahh.... i forgot about backlight control as well, didn't i? *sheepish* :)

 $0.50 in 1k volumes, so lower-cost versions can be found:
 http://www.ti.com/product/lm8330

 that can do up to 104-key keyboard scanning, and has 3 PWM outputs so
can be used for backlight control.... anyone know of any alternatives?