[Arm-netbook] Crowd Sourcing Proposal

Peter Steenbergen p.steenbergen at j1nx.nl
Wed Oct 10 21:57:48 BST 2012

>  well... is that really true?  there's (at least) 3 groups here.
> developers (350 people on arm-netbook), intelligent-eco-conscious
> people (N people), and "everyone else" (i hesitate to use "the
> masses").
>
>  the target for the crowd-funding is therefore the combination of the
> two groups.  hmmm...
>
> Don't get me wrong, I am by no means an expert, but ...

The 350 subscribed are not an indication of the people willing to
participate. Sorry, but I really think the majority of subscribers are just
readers that want to be one of the first, something new pops up.

Once again, I am not a marketing expert, but I really agree with Alejandro;
The EOMA concept is not enough for a succesful crowd funding campaign. An
EOMA card with a bare minimum extension might do it, but only if the price
it competitive.

You are really better of using the laptop or tablet concept for the
marketing strategy as where the EOMA card "hops along". A tablet/laptop of
where you just update the card to upgrade sell a whole lot better than only
the card on it self.

It is also a market which is unique, where with the right social media
hyping could generate a succesful campaign.