[Arm-netbook] Format not supported.

Scott Sullivan scott at ss.org
Mon May 14 04:15:03 BST 2012

On 05/12/2012 04:59 PM, Michael J. Westfield wrote:
> My TV displays "Format not supported" when booting the ubuntu lucid sd
> card.  It runs HDMI output fine while running the base android.  Has
> anyone else had this issue and how was it resolved?

 From my experience that tends to be when the device is outputting a
resolution that the TV doesn't support. Many of the TV manufactures
cheap out and do not include re-scaling for resolutions outside of the
common "TV" aspect ratios. I currently have this issue with a HTPC and a
Plasma screen during boot, before X comes up.

I do not have my unit yet, but I'm guessing that your TV just doesn't
support the resolution the ubuntu image is booting with.

Try testing it against a DVI monitor using a passive HDMI-DVI adapter
and see if you still have the same issue.

--
Scott Sullivan