[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

Gordan Bobic gordan at bobich.net
Tue Jul 31 16:30:42 BST 2012

On 07/31/2012 04:00 PM, lkcl luke wrote:

>> Or to put it another way - deviation from the gold standard is purely
>> for people who can't take it straight up.
>
>   ah i see you've read Senator Ron Paul's book "End the Fed" :)

No, I just applied some reasoning using a few braincells.

>   unfortunately, my take on his recommendations [return to the gold
> standard] is that it's just far too late.  the financial systems are
> just too far gone, and the only way to keep things looking "normal" is
> to continue to string out and print out more and more money on the
> world's reserve currency [the USD].  as it's the world's reserve
> currency and pretty much every other currency is pegged to it, this
> hidden policy of hyper-inflation isn't so noticeable, because every
> *other* currency is also running hyper-inflation at the same rate.
> but - if that ever stops, the whole system goes to shit.

At some point that approach gets sufficiently farcical that people will
just stop using money and go back to good old fashioned bartering. And
then we get to see what happens when your self assesment says that you
owe the tax man two chickens and a goat. :)

>> On an unrelated note (well, related to previous discussion on this thread):
>
>   :)  really should do something about that.  ah well.
>
>> http://www.reghardware.com/2012/07/31/samsung_roadmap_teases_giant_tablet/
>
>   woww.  2560x1600 in 11in.  wow.  hmmm, i wonder if it's LVDS, or if
> they've gone for MIPI?

Hard to tell - the product is still very much vaporware.

Gordan