[Arm-netbook] Good netbook based on Cortex-A9

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 16:00:16 BST 2012

On Tue, Jul 31, 2012 at 3:44 PM, Gordan Bobic <gordan at bobich.net> wrote:

> Freight ship designers are already looking at putting nuclear reactors
> in large freighters for precisely that reason.

 niiiice!

> What could possibly go wrong... *facepalm*

i look forward to the film "The Hunt for
Rust-bucket-tincan-hunk-of-junk-coloured October" when it comes out.

> Or to put it another way - deviation from the gold standard is purely
> for people who can't take it straight up.

 ah i see you've read Senator Ron Paul's book "End the Fed" :)

 unfortunately, my take on his recommendations [return to the gold
standard] is that it's just far too late.  the financial systems are
just too far gone, and the only way to keep things looking "normal" is
to continue to string out and print out more and more money on the
world's reserve currency [the USD].  as it's the world's reserve
currency and pretty much every other currency is pegged to it, this
hidden policy of hyper-inflation isn't so noticeable, because every
*other* currency is also running hyper-inflation at the same rate.
but - if that ever stops, the whole system goes to shit.

> On an unrelated note (well, related to previous discussion on this thread):

 :)  really should do something about that.  ah well.

> http://www.reghardware.com/2012/07/31/samsung_roadmap_teases_giant_tablet/

 woww.  2560x1600 in 11in.  wow.  hmmm, i wonder if it's LVDS, or if
they've gone for MIPI?