[Arm-netbook] A10 devkits

Henrik Nordström henrik at henriknordstrom.net
Sun Jan 22 19:40:41 GMT 2012

lör 2012-01-21 klockan 23:23 +0000 skrev lkcl luke:

> > (probably trivial).
> > This is entered either by forcing this boot mode by some pin
>
>  http://rhombus-tech.net/allwinner_a10/pinouts/ - W8

With internal NAND and SD CARD0 then we may want this recovery function
accessible somehow (pin hole or similar)

Normal boot priority is

  SD/MMC CARD0  (same port as can be converted to JTAG+UART)
  NAND
  SD/MMC CARD1

so if NAND gets flashed with non-working stuff then the basic recovery
procedure is either to insert an SD card in CARD0 carefully preparet
(which means no console / JTAG) or have acess to the recovery switch and
boot via USB.

But it looks I may need a dev board to look into if anything can be done
about the early boot sequence in a reasonable manner. This because the
JTAG port on SD CARD0 is only enabled by the bootloader when reading the
config file, by which time it has already booted pretty far.

Regards
Henrik