[Arm-netbook] cost of pcmcia connectors

lkcl luke luke.leighton at gmail.com
Fri Jan 20 16:57:37 GMT 2012

On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 11:35 AM, Justin Cormack
<justin at specialbusservice.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 10:53 AM, lkcl luke <luke.leighton at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  yep - ignore digikey.  and mouser.  and any supplier in the west.
>>
>> > Anyone got better sources
>>
>>  yes.  give it a week.  we put in a request to a very large automated
>> pcb company to do the maths / research.
>>
>>  PCMCIA is still used in satellite TV decoders, so we know it's still
>> mass-volume.
>>

> Ah ok. Decadent western prices then!

 :)  naah, just... it's a totally different game in mass-volume.  and
if people aren't still using those parts (no laptops to repair, no
laptops except 3+ year old machines actually _having_ pcmcia slots any
more) then what the heck are those companies doing stocking the parts,
except in desperation?  it's taking up shelf-space!

> Let us know what connectors are available when you get an answer.

 willdo.