[Arm-netbook] Original ChiTech kernel available as Debian package

Frans Pop elendil at planet.nl
Thu Apr 22 20:30:21 BST 2010

On Thursday 22 April 2010, Michael Howard wrote:
> > See
> > http://lists.phcomp.co.uk/pipermail/arm-netbook/2010-March/000504.html
>
> Sorry, I meant besides that.

Nothing. The info I put in that mail was sufficient to get sound for me.

> > For the ChiTech kernel the sound drivers are compiled in.
> >
> > You may want to use the /etc/asound.* files from the original ChiTech
> > install (attached).
>
> Is that 'asound' or 'esound'?

asound. They are alsa config files.

> What player are you using? I've tried mpg123 which complains about
> failing to find modules (alsa, oss, esd etc) and I've tried audacious
> which dumps core.

I've tested with ogg123 (from vorbis-tools) and with vlc.

Are you sure you had the sound driver modules loaded? Read the mail I
linked to carefully. Check /proc/asound. Run 'alsamixer' and check that it
shows the expected controls...

BTW, I'm not sure whether or not the config files will work with "our"
kernel.