[MayHeydays] MHD '24 update

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Sat Dec 2 14:58:59 GMT 2023

Dear Supporters

If you received and read our first announcement about ticket sales, you
probably noticed the booking form was not actually attached - sorry
about that. Forms are now attached in PDF and Word format. You can, of
course, also find the forms for dancers and stewards here:

https://mayheydays.org.uk/tickets.html

https://mayheydays.org.uk/stewards.html

Remember that Early-bird prices finish on 31st January.

Mecki is busy fine-tuning the programme and trying to accommodate the
needs and wishes of bands, callers and sound team – a bit like juggling
with 4 squirrels at once…

She’s also trialling a gender-free option across International, English
and American streams, with just one-such event at any time in the
regular programme. So, there will be plenty of choice for all –
including an increased spread of non-dance events, with more musicians'
and singing workshops, plus some story telling.
Remember, you can see all on the programme page:
(https://mayheydays.org.uk/programme.html).

Some people may not know of our booked U.S. musicians, the Lighthouse
band; they are an off-shoot of the Rodney Millar band of whom you are
more likely to have heard.
They’re very accomplished players for American styles of dancing. Here
is an idea of what they’ll sound like:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNOE4W_kMGY.

The other good news is that we have now found a local caterer who will
take on the full catering service for the weekend. More info will be
provided in due course, and we'll put details on the website.
Account will be taken of a range of allergies and food preferences (such
as vegetarian/gluten-free, etc).
However, the caterer may not be able to provide for very individual
needs, so please don’t try to make contact with the caterer to ask for
your detailed specific diet - you may need to bring and prepare your own
food at the school. In this case, please talk to us and we can give you
access to a small kitchen area with a microwave oven. (Obviously, this
facility cannot be made widely available).

Best wishes to all for the festive season,

Mecki and Monty

Tel 01308 423 442