[MayHeydays] May Heydays update

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Sun Nov 6 13:02:02 GMT 2022

Hi everyone,

Today's good news is that the government has announced an *extra* bank
holiday next year 'to celebrate the Coronation', rather than moving
ours!
Hurrah! We're safe for 2023 - so, Friday 28 April to Monday 1 May it is!

This year we judged the very enjoyable Playford Style Dance Writing
Competition. We had eight entries which fitted nicely into the
two-and-a-half hour slot. Disappointingly, no entries for next year's
Contra Dance Writing Competition have arrived yet.
What are those of you who write dances doing right now?
We know you are out there!
The rules can be found here: https://mayheydays.org.uk/rules23.html .
Anyone can enter!

As every year, we will be doing our caller training again. If you are a
budding caller who would like to hone your skills and call for a
festival audience, please send an email to directorayheydays.org.uk, and
your name will be passed on to Katherine and David Wright who will do
the training next year.

Bookings are going well, but we're getting the impression (from
conversations we've had) that we'll have a lot of last-minute bookings
at the end of January....
Do have pity on our Bookings volunteer and help spread the load a bit!
We will be sending further a reminders!

Best wishes,

Mecki Testroet, Director
Monty Crook, General Dogsbody