[MayHeydays] May Heydays update

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Sat Mar 19 10:56:13 GMT 2022

Dear Festival Supporters,

We are pleased to be able to report that the preparations for May
Heydays 2022 are progressing well.

Programme Updates: The programme is quite stable (though I wouldn't
print it out just yet!).

We have recently added the Jane Austen Dancers from Bath; they will do
a workshop and a couple of performances on Sunday as well as joining
in some of the dance sessions with the rest of us.

Further events have been added for your delectation:
•	Mike Courthold will run two American workshops
•	John Sweeney is offering a waltz workshop on Sunday
•	James Eisner is on our books to do a couple of singing workshops
•	Daisy Black will weave a story or two……
•	Jenny Norris is leading French/Breton sessions with Confluence
•	Work is in progress to set up some music sessions, so do bring along
your musical instruments!

If you are interested in calling, we are considering putting on a
calling workshop - in addition to the Callers' Round event to be led
by Brian Stanton. Let me know asap if you would like to take part, and
we’ll go ahead with this! It will be in a hall with a PA system
available for recorded music (bring your own recordings) and an
experienced caller on hand. If you would be happy to volunteer as a
guinea-pig dancer, watch out for the workshop and just turn up!

Meanwhile, we’ve had good discussions with the caterers and will soon
be able to add full details of the menus and the meal voucher system
to the website. We will be encouraging you to buy vouchers in advance
to reduce queuing at meal times.

A small set-back for us was to learn that work is underway at the
school to upgrade, amongst other things, building names and room
numbers – making some of the site maps & plans already drawn up
redundant. Ah well, something else for Monty to ably sort out…………

Can I remind our supporters with roll-over tickets to let us know as
soon as they can of their intentions this year. And to our wider group
of supporters, please check out the programme on the website, and see
if this new/old venture of ours is enough to persuade you that the
time is coming to dip your toes back into the dancing arena – and May
Heydays 2022 is the place to do it! Day tickets are also now on sale!

May I end with a plea for a photographer to step forward? We have lost
our planned volunteer and would really like someone to capture our
first May Heydays for posterity. That in itself should be a sufficient
incentive but there is also a free weekend ticket up for grabs, free
camping and long lasting gratitude and relief!

Keep safe and we hope to see as many of you as possible at Evesham.

Mecki

Director