[MayHeydays] May Heydays 2022

Announcements for May HeyDays mayheydays at lists.phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jan 27 12:45:41 GMT 2022

Dear Supporters

May Heydays News

We thank you once  again for your previous support for EIFF and  your
interest in our fledgling moved to Evesham; and hope that 2022 finds
you in good health - and waiting for May Heydays to finally start!

Programme:
Our Director, Mecki, has had the artists lined up for some time but
the committee took the decision to wait until January before reviewing
things and seeing what sort of programme could be devised. The
committee is now out of hibernation and the plans for the 2022
festival are taking shape. Envisaging a reduced number of attendees
compared to 2020, we are, initially, setting up a three-tier festival:
two American/English events plus one International from Friday evening
until Monday lunchtime, followed by our joint Monday afternoon dance.

Check things out on: https://mayheydays.org.uk/

See the programme page for the latest info and the Venue page for
pictures of the 3 planned dance halls. If we get more bookings than
would comfortably fit into 3 halls, we will extend the programme to
the 4th hall.

Tickets:
In view of the late start, we have decided to keep the ticketing
simpler this year, with the Friday - Monday full weekend ticket price
set at £97 and £48 for concessions (as planned for the shorter event
of Friday – Sunday back in 2020).  Camping will be held at its same
rate of £20. Booking forms will be on the Tickets page in time to
start new sales on February 1st.
Day and evening tickets will be available later, at prices of £48 (£24
concessions) for All Day and £14 (£7) for Evening tickets.

Concerning Covid:
things are still fluid but it does look hopeful that the situation
will have improved come May. Our folk dancing activity is a particular
case, involving, as it does, touching, close contact, meeting lots of
partners, plus, often, laughter and noise – all in an indoor setting.
We therefore think that people should ideally be triple vaccinated and
take a lateral flow test as a sensible precaution prior to coming to
Evesham – plus of course not to come if having any flu/cold-like
symptoms. We would hope that all our committed attendees are prepared
to follow the applicable guidelines at the time, whether those
dictated by government or plain common sense.

The next 3 months:
Keep an eye on the website in the lead up to our event to stay abreast
of plans and changes. We will be providing site plans to help in
finding your way around the new Venue and updating info on Where to
Stay (awaiting updated information from Evesham T.I.C.), on the
planned menus (see Food), an updated train timetable (see FAQ) plus
any other useful information.

Finally:
be assured one and all, it is our intention to run a festival unless
circumstances contrive to stop us doing so.  In the event of not being
able to go ahead, the committee has agreed that we will refund all
ticket sums held at that point and re-set for 2023.

Festival Committee, January 2020